- What is the name of the medicine and what is it supposed to do?
- Is this the brand name or a generic name?
- Is there a generic version of this medicine available?
- How and when do I take it – and for how long?
- What foods, drinks, other medicines, or activities should I avoid while taking this medicine?
- Are there side effects? What do I do if they occur?
- Will this new prescription work safely with other prescriptions and non-prescription medicines I am currently taking?
Remember to tell your health care professional the names of ALL your medications (including non-prescriptions, vitamins, minerals, laxatives, pain relievers, any allergies you have, and any problems you are having with your medications., herbs, and sleep aids.)